About the Event
Upcoming presentation that will interest anyone involved in or contemplating taking on quality improvement or research. This workshop focuses on how Island Health leaders take evidence or best practice, generate new evidence, and put it into motion to improve outcomes for patients, providers, and the health system.
This presentation is part of Island Health’s Knowledge-to-Action month and is open to everyone (internal/external Island Health) at no cost via Webinar or in person in Victoria at Royal Jubilee Hospital (Patient Care Centre, Room S169). Webinar link is provided below.
Note: the K2A series is CME accredited for physician attendees.
The aims of this workshop are:
- To share national and provincial evidence/best practice that led two Island Health leaders to take action to improve cancer care and transitions for seniors across the continuum of care.
- To understand how and why Island Health leaders take the local environment and context into account when moving evidence into practice.
- To appreciate how and what two leaders and their teams did to respond to evidence; how it improved the client journey or outcomes for providers/health care system; and how improvement is being measured.
- To discuss possible next steps for research/quality, safety and improvement, and practice collaborations.
- Mark Blandford, Clinical Director, Victoria General Hospital
- Sarah Crawford-Bohl, Acting Director, RJH Clinical Operations
- Marko Peljhan, Interim Executive Director, Geography 4 (facilitated Q&A)
- Community and hospital leaders; community and hospital care-providers and clinicians; researchers; students; anyone interested!
- This webinar will be hosted using WebEx, and is open to anyone interested.
- A maximum of 50 participants can join the meeting.
- Audio is available ONLY through a phone line, NOT through your computer.
How to Connect:
- Click to join the meeting. If you have an Island Health WebEx account, you may be asked to login to your account before connecting; your WebEx password is the same as your Island Health password. If you do not have a WebEx account, simply enter your name and an email address. A webinar window will open.
- Connect to audio: in the bottom left of the window, click on the phone icon button (“I Will Call In”). Pick up your telephone handset, and:
- Dial one of the following access numbers:
- Enter Meeting Number/Access Code: 991 192 281
- Enter your Attendee ID, as displayed in the WebEx audio window.
You will be on MUTE when you enter the conference. If you would like to ask a question, please use the chat box in the Webex window.