About the Event
The Hands-On Ultrasound Education Course (HOUSE OB) supports rural health care practitioners who provide obstetrical care to patients. You will improve your management of patients in the third trimester through hands-on learning sessions with rural physicians who are experienced in point-of-care ultrasound.
What will I learn?
Recognize third and first trimester ultrasound indications including
- Fetal presentation
- Fetal cardiac activity
- Amniotic fluid index (AFI)
- Whether multiple fetuses are present
- First trimester dating
As a result of attending this program, the participant will be able to:
- Use ultrasound as an adjunctive tool to clinical exam and history;
- Use ultrasound in a safe manner;
- Generate an optimal ultrasound image using basic physics and instrumentation;
- Demonstrate confidence in basic trans-abdominal scanning of third-trimester pregnancy for limited indications;
- Recognize ultrasound features of normal third-trimester gestation.