About the Event
Learn how to effectively navigate challenging conversations across the health care system. New communications skills will allow you to enhance the health care system, improve outcomes and lead to better patient and healthcare practitioner satisfaction.
In this one-day workshop you will learn a simple four-stage framework to navigate difficult conversations. After the workshop, you’ll benefit from a 30-minute personalized coaching call and have opportunities to share with peers and program facilitators your insights, successes and challenges.
Dr. Rahul Gupta, MD, CCFP is a settler born on the lands of the Anishinaabe people and now lives and works on the ancestral and unceded lands of the shíshálh and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Nations. He works as an integrative medical physician, professional coach, mindfulness instructor, and advocate for provider wellness. He also is a Somatic Experiencing (SE) Practitioner and integrates trauma-sensitive approaches into all of his trainings. He has over 18 years of supporting physicians and healthcare teams in cultivating compassionate self & situational awareness.
Upon completion of this professional development program, participants will be able to:
- Apply an evidence‐based model to enhance communication and partnership skills for providers across the healthcare system
- Recognize common challenging communication patterns that can arise in healthcare‐related environments, leadership roles, and organizational relationships
- Identify and apply the qualities of a learning conversation for the purpose of effective communication
- Practice applying a structured communication approach to one’s own scenarios and cases, utilizing peer and facilitator feedback
- Identify and commit to incorporating newly honed communication skills in one’s own environment for the purpose of improved patient and self‐satisfaction
Please note that this event is now full, however, you can register for the waitlist.