About the Event
COHORT I | FEB 7 – MAR 28, 4:00 – 6:00 PM WEEKLY (TUE.)
Facilitated by Dr. Kathleen McFadden: Kathleen is a University of Saskatchewan graduate who has been a family physician on Vancouver Island for 29 years. She has a special interest in seniors’ care, but had a full service family until 3 years ago and since then, has been doing locums and working in walk in clinics. She was excited to be able to complete her training to teach CBT skills and lead courses for this last year. Kathleen’s style of teaching has changed considerably through virtual platforms. She tries to connect with everyone in the meeting and link common themes to the material that is so well presented in the teaching aids, including the workbook. She does not tend to invite elaboration of individual experiences in this group medical visit, but does encourage use of the many skills in the course to allow participants/patients to reflect personally.
This course will teach you concepts and strategies that will enhance your capacity to:
- Practice resiliency amidst the complexities of modern work and life.
- Understand and manage unhelpful patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving – yours and your patients’!
- Choose how you respond to stressors, rather than react.
- Share these pertinent and practical skills with your patients.
- Connect with your peers in an authentic and supportive way.