About the Event
COHORT C | JAN 5 – FEB 23, 6:30 – 8:30 PM WEEKLY (THU.)
Facilitated by Dr. Lauren Dake: Dr. Lauren Dake is a family physician and co-founder of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Skills Group, the Victoria Youth Clinic and the British Columbia Association for Living Mindfully (BCALM). She has been a facilitator of mental health-related group medical visits since 2013 and has served on the Shared Care Mental Health and Substance Use Advisory Committee. Dr. Dake introduces these practical, relevant interventions with clarity, enthusiasm and humour. She uses these tools daily in her personal and professional life and finds it extremely rewarding to share them with patients, medical students and colleagues.
This course will teach you concepts and strategies that will enhance your capacity to:
- Practice resiliency amidst the complexities of modern work and life.
- Understand and manage unhelpful patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving – yours and your patients’!
- Choose how you respond to stressors, rather than react.
- Share these pertinent and practical skills with your patients.
- Connect with your peers in an authentic and supportive way.