About the Event
This free webinar will bring together experts in trauma-informed care to share experiences, resources, and information to advance your understanding of the impact that trauma can have on your patients. The panelists will provide guidance on how to implement a trauma aware approach towards patient care. The webinar will include a panel of presenters and participants will be prompted to ask their questions in real time using webinar technology. You’re encouraged to send your questions in early.
Panelist: Dr. Erika Cheng, MD, CCFP, FCFCP, Family Physician; Executive Director and Chair Board of Directors, Beyond the Cycle of Trauma Institute
Panelist: Dr. Rahul Gupta, MD, CCFP, Sunshine Coast Division of Family Medicine; UBC Clinical Assistant Professor; Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
Panelist: Tom Littlewood, MA, Program Director and Senior Therapist for the Dan’s Legacy Foundation
Moderator: Dr. Shirley Sze, Family Physician; Co-Chair of Child and Youth Mental Health and Substance Use Community of Practice
- Describe how trauma can negatively impact the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS).
- Discuss the importance of trauma-informed interactions with patients and their caregivers.
- Describe the capacity for individual healing through sufficient healing-aligned, trauma aware encounters.
- Apply some trauma-informed, ANS-friendly strategies to patient encounters to enable healing.
- Utilize additional resources to support trauma-informed care.
Click here to learn more & register.