About the Event
Perineal trauma is a common obstetrical event. However, Midwives make every effort to avoid it, and many have very low perineal trauma rates. Many midwives report a need for more clinical experience and review on approaches to perineal repair. The Perineal Repair Workshop will provide hands-on practice on these key approaches.
Please note that space is limited so register early.
- Review Pelvic Floor Anatomy
- Assess & classify perineal trauma
- Review Analgesia
- Review and Practice Knot Tying: One handed, Aberdeen & Instrument ties
- Review evidence for Simple Repair and practice putting it together
- Review and Practice complex tears
- Review the role of episiotomy
- Review common problems / Issues
Click here to learn more & register.