About the Event
Stay current on important issues in the medical-legal matrix!
Monday, October 21, 2019
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Pan Pacific Hotel, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
or attend via webinar
Jump Start on CPD 2020
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
9:00 am – 5:00 pm via webinar
Who should attend: Doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners and other health care providers, lawyers, paralegals, and litigation legal support staff
Learning level: All levels
The twin disciplines of medicine and law naturally have many points of intersection. This comprehensive conference will examine an array of issues of current and ongoing relevance for doctors, lawyers, nurses, and legal support staff.
This dual focus conference will qualify for CME (Continuing Medical Education) credits with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC in addition to qualifying for CLE (Continuing Legal Education) credits with the Law Society of BC.
At this course you will learn about:
- trends in the regulation of the professions: medicine and law
- Meta Cognition: what brain science is telling us about how to make better decisions, especially when under pressure
- how to effectively manage medical legal reports—from the doctor’s and the lawyer’s point of view
- Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID)—we will take you through a case study example of a patient’s journey
- the next phase of cannabis legalization and its medical implications
- current issues in improving road safety from RoadSafety BC
- concussion and traumatic brain injury—the current science and best practices
Plan to join your colleagues in medicine and law for an amazing day of cross disciplinary learning and networking!