About the Event
FAST Evidence begins with a half‐day, interactive course that teaches physicians how to conduct effective internet searches in order to find credible and evidence‐based medical information from a variety of databases and online sources. Designed for a small group of up to 12 learners, the course is facilitated by two College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC Librarians who provide learners with hands‐on support in a computer lab setting. To support ongoing learning and application, this program also involves post-program activities, including reflection and coaching sessions following the live workshop.
After attending this program, you will be able to:
- Conduct efficient and refined literature searches;
- Apply search tools to find reliable health information and evidence-based medical literature (e.g. MEDLINE, point of care tools, ebooks, and multimedia);
- Obtain the full-text of journal articles through electronic resources or document delivery; and
- Find valid patient and drug information.
- Karen MacDonell, PhD, Director, Library Services, College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- Chris Vriesema-Magnuson, Librarian, College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC