About the Event
Join Drs. Daisy Dulay and Drew Digney for an in-person disclosure training for clinicians.
Course Description: This course is designed to improve transparency with patients and families after unexpected clinical outcomes occur, including those resulting from errors in care. The program will enhance the communication skills of individual providers, healthcare teams and organizations for disclosing clinical errors with honesty, empathy and respect. Participants will also learn to improve their support of other team members in these often-difficult circumstances.
- The importance of timely and compassionate disclosure.
- Individual, team and organization accountability and support.
- Patient-centered disclosure.
This program was co-developed between the Health Quality BC (formerly BC Patient Safety Quality Council) and Saegis Safety Institute and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance. This course is accredited by:
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada