The Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Skills Physician Wellness Group Training Course is an 8-week course designed to provide BC physicians with education and training to support their own mental wellbeing through evidence-based self-management strategies. Secondary benefits include increased awareness of CBT and its clinical applications and training in skills coaching for patients.
Each week consists of a 2-hour session facilitated by a specially trained family physician or psychiatrist. During the weekly workshops, participants will practice incorporating CBT Skills into their own unique situations.
There are currently multiple offerings of this course as outlined below. You are able to select the cohort that best fits your availability and learning needs. Please note that you are not able to register for more than one cohort.
This course will teach you concepts and strategies that will enhance your capacity to:
- Practice resiliency amidst the complexities of modern work and life.
- Understand and manage unhelpful patterns of thinking, feeling and
- behaving – yours and your patients’!
- Choose how you respond to stressors, rather than react.
- Share these pertinent and practical skills with your patients.
- Connect with your peers in an authentic and supportive way.